This is so thick & creamy, and packed with so many vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
Pumpkin is a powerhouse fruit. It is high in vitamins A, C, + E, rich in minerals like copper, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus, and contains lots of fiber and antioxidants.
This recipe is so delicious, but feel free to play around with it and add different ingredients and superfoods that you like. Some that come to mind are maca, chia seeds, and greens! There are so many possibilities, and experimentation is how great recipes are born! Have fun and enjoy!
Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender
• 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
• tsp honey
• 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
• 3 medjool dates
• A dash of pumpkin pie spice
• 1 tbsp pecans
• 1/2 cup almond milk (more or less depending on how thick you want it)
I topped mine with apples. Enjoy!!!
I love starting my day with a nutritious breakfast. It definitely sets me up for success, and gives me the fuel I need to power through all of my daily responsibilities.
Chia seeds are the small black or white seeds that come from the chia plant. They were rediscovered as a “superfood” in recent years, and have become quite popular in the health community.
Chia is the Mayan word for “strength”. In fact, ancient Aztec and Mayan cultures considered chia seeds to be a fundamental part of their diets because it gave them energy and endurance during battle.
They are a great ingredient to incorporate into your meals because they are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Chia seeds can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. I like to put them in my smoothies, yogurt, baked goods, energy balls, and I also turn it into pudding.
When chia seeds are soaked in liquid they turn into a gel and expand 12x their weight. Because if this, they are a great way to keep your body feeling fuller longer!
Now that you know the scoop on chia, I hope you enjoy this creamy, decadent, and delicious pudding recipe.
Chocolate Chia Pudding with Almond Butter Sauce – serves 2
- Chia pudding: Soak 1/4 cup chia seeds in 1 cup liquid. (I used almond milk, and put it in a recently emptied almond butter jar so the pudding would pick up all the yummy goodness plastered to the sides)
- Chocolate pudding: blend one banana with 1/2 of an avocado, 1 tbsp cacao, and stevia, or another sweetener (optional)
- Almond Butter Sauce: blend one banana, one heaping tbsp of almond butter, and 3 medjool dates.
- Layer each ingredient in glass (chia, chocolate, then almond sauce) until you reach the top, adding berries in between (optional)