There is something so comforting about toast. And it is so versatile – it can be topped with literally anything to suit your cravings and needs, while also being perfectly suitable for any time of day!
Lately, I’m all about herbs. Herbs have so many health benefits, and there are many ways we can incorporate herbs into our daily lives. And it is highly encouraged since herbs are, in fact, small doses of medicine! They have disease preventing and health promoting properties, and can help with a variety of ailments and issues from fighting germs to relieving symptoms of inflammation. Mother nature is pretty flipping amazing!
Today I made two kinds of avocado + herb toasts because my body wants what is wants and I listen. These toasts are colorful, flavorful, loaded with vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants, and healthy fats, and combine many textures to completely satisfy those taste buds.
Here’s a list of all the ingredients you will need:
- 2 slices of gluten free bread (you could also try a sprouted bread, sourdough, or another personal favorite)
- Handful of arugula
- 2 slices tomato
- 1/2 an avocado
- Red onion (to taste preference)
- A couple slices of mango, diced
- Fresh curley parsley
- Fresh cilantro (coriander)
- Toast your bread to your preference (I like mine crisp + crunchy)
- Place ingredients on top of your bread in any order that you choose.
- Eat and thoroughly enjoy every bite 😉
It’s that easy! Now get toastin’!